With Feb. 15 marking the 50th anniversary of National Flag of Canada Day, here are some facts about our country's flag:
1. Every province and territory in Canada has its own flag. The one symbol that represents us at home and abroad is the red and white National Flag of Canada.
2. The Canadian Red Ensign flies at the Canadian National Vimy Memorial of the Battle of Vimy Ridge in Vimy, France.TodT
3. The maple leaf has been used as an emblem in Canada since the eighteenth century. It has often served to distinguish Canadians abroad, as was the case with Canada's first Olympians in 1904.
4. Red and white were proclaimed Canada's official colours in the proclamation of the Royal Arms of Canada in 1921 by King George V.
5. Dr. George Stanley, a professor at Royal Military College in Kingston in 1964, suggested a red and white single maple leaf design for the flag because it could be seen clearly from a distance.
6. Vexillologists (flag experts) often cite the National Flag of Canada as one of the world's most beautiful based on its simple design and limited number of colours.
7 In 2005, one of the original maple leaf flags that flew over Parliament on Feb. 15, 1966, was returned to Canada by its owner, Ms. Elisabeth Hoffmann-Lamoureux. The flag was presented to Prime Minister Lester B. Pearson during the Canada Day celebrations on Parliament Hill.
Deluxe Touring Seats For Trikes Take Flight
Mustang is proud to announce the launch of a trio of touring seats. The new Deluxe Touring Seat fits the Tri Glide Ultra Classic and Street Glide Trikes, as well as all the two-wheeled FL Touring models from 2008-15. The more time in the saddle, the more you really need to discover what a difference comfort makes, says Marketing Director Marilyn Simmons.
Get the most comfort and style out of your Tri Glide Ultra Classic and Street Glide Trike with our Trike Deluxe Touring seat, says Simmons. Engineered specifically for all-day comfort, the 19 inch wide front seat sets the rider back 1.75 compared to the stock seat. It also angles the body for long-distance comfort.
Of course long distance touring is more fun two-up, so the engineering team focused on the passenger seat to make sure it measures up to Mustang's high-flying standards. The 14 inch wide rear seat provides support across its full width and keeps the passenger firmly in the comfort zone. Now both pilot and passenger will be happy to spend more time in the saddle, suggests Simmons.
We have to earn our wings with every rider on every ride, so we styled this seat along the lines of state-of-the-art automotive interior designs, she adds. The seat features exquisite stitching detail and a front bucket drain for rainy days. The receiver for the optional, removable driver backrest is built into the baseplate. Note: this seat will not work with Mustang or Harley frame-mounted backrest kits. We have to earn our wings with every rider on every ride.
(images courtesy of Mustang Seats)
Although it was expressly designed to fit the 2009-15 Tri Glide Ultra Classic and 2010-2011 Street Glide Trike, Mustang's Trike Deluxe Touring seat will also fit and nicely complement all other 2008-up FL Touring models.
Part numbers for Trike/Touring seats:
79006 Deluxe Touring
79007 Deluxe Touring with heat
79012 Deluxe Touring Driver Backrest Pad and Post only
79013 Deluxe Touring 2009-13 Passenger Armrest kit
79014 Deluxe Touring 2014-15 Passenger Armrest kit
In addition to seats for trikes and FLs, Mustang also offers replacement seats for virtually all late model Harley-Davidson motorcycles. How would you like a free seat for your bike or trike? Mustang's customer GIVEAWAYS program kicks-off during Bike Week in Daytona. See the website for details on how to win the Mustang seat of your choice!
The 2015 Motorcycle Show -Vancouver is on right now at the Fraser Valley Trade and Exhibition Centre in Abbotsford (Tradex) January 23rd-25th, with the world's top manufacturers showcasing their newest makes and models alongside vintage bike displays, an abundance of industry exhibitors, and shows by some of the most talented stunt and trials riders in North America.
Adults $14.00; Juniors (6-14)/Seniors (65+) $10.00; Children (under 6) FREE with adult purchase; Family Pass $38.00 (2 adult & 2 junior passes); SHE Rides Night; 1/2 price after 5:00pm on Friday night ONLY.
WEB ADDRESS: http://www.vancouvermotorcycleshow.ca
If you are having recurring dreams of bugs in your teeth its probably time to start riding.
Visit Trev Deeley Motorcycles website at TrevDeeley.com and connect with them in social media on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram